Self-motivation is to motivate yourself to move towards your goals even when it is becoming harder from day-to-day. Or, in other words, it is a force that keeps you moving towards your goals.
Self-motivation is the only thing that can take you to the place that you dream daily and even helps you to achieve anything you want.
You can’t see self-motivation, but yes, you can feel it, all you have to do is find a person who wants to achieve success and never gives up on his dreams.
Renowned American motivational speaker and author, Dr. Stephen R. Covey once remarked: “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.”
The Science behind the Self-Motivation
So, now coming to why you searched about the term “Self-motivation”? Maybe you lacking it and that’s common as I was also searching this few years back.
A mass of people feels demotivated in this world due to their daily life stress, or maybe because they are unable to manage the pressure of life, or maybe they are failed in love life, or maybe due to unemployment, etc.
In simple words, we feel demotivated due to some setbacks, or unable to take up opportunities or our inability to show commitment to anything.
To stay motivated in your day to day life, first, you need to clear your mind that what you want in your future. This clarity helps you to clearly see your aim and keeps you away from any type of distraction that can hinder your success in those aims.
Second, you need to learn how to be positive in any situation? Because it is normal to feel sad when you face any setback, but still you need to think that you are still motivated and will work more and more to beat this failure. Be positive and think about what you will be getting after this tough time.
Brian Tracy said, “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.”
So, my friend, start thinking about what you need and try to learn how to be positive in any situation?
Issues that hinder Motivation?
Motivation coming from inside you is basically self-motivation. So, when you lacks motivation that simply means some hurdles are coming in between. This can be your job stress, family problem, shortage of money, or maybe some pending debts.
Now, maybe you are wondering how these things can hinder our motivation?
Let me explain to you.
When you are stressed say due to some pending debt, then somewhere your mind is thinking about them because you know you have to pay it and some amount of your hard-earned money is going there.
So, you will be distracted somewhere due to all these thoughts and this distraction makes you feel exhausted after a period of time and at the same time those energy levels fall and hence, you lack motivation.
The ultimate solution to manage this daily life stress is to make these things a part of your life because we all know this stress will remain with us till our last breath. So, try to see things differently and everything will be fine.
How to remain motivated even in tough times?
These are the some crucial point of being motivated even during tough times:
- Stop Overthinking: The first important thing is to keep in mind that you can’t control everything in this life, so stop overthinking. Yes, I also had a habit of overthinking a few years back and due to this, I was unable to achieve anything.
So, start some meditation, do some exercises, and learn to let go of unnecessary things. These will help you a lot with this problem.
- Think Positive: Be positive. Yes, your thinking plays an important role in motivation. When you encounter any failure and learn something from it rather than complaining about them, then your chances of success increased as you are not getting distracted from them which is a plus point.
Muhammad Ali said “ I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.”
- Reward Yourself: Set some sub-goals and reward yourself after achieving every single sub-goal.
A reward can be anything like a movie with friends, an outing, or some sort of shopping. Rewarding proves a great motivation in your life.
You can reward yourself after continuously working for a specific period of time also. It can be weeks or months.
- Check On Progress: Keep a check on your progress because whenever you check your progress and see some improvement, you will feel motivated and will see that you are going close to your aim. This proximity to your goals helps you to keep going.
- Good Friends And Mates: With good friends and mates, I don’t mean the friends with whom you party or hangout, but I mean the friends who motivate you and tell you about your pros and cons. They can be the same with whom you party or maybe your family.
Try to meet your good friends once in a while and take their advice about your ideas.
- Try New Ideas: Whenever you get some new idea and you have a feeling that it can help you in your success, just try it. Because sometimes these ideas take you to another level of your progress.
Now, you may be thinking that what if it fails. So what, if it fails, you have your old plan, continue to keep working on that. Do not afraid of failure, it is a part of the success.
- Educate Yourself More: Learn more about whatever you want in your life because everything can be lost, but nobody can steal your knowledge. Knowledge about anything makes you more confident.
- Read Biographies: Reading the biographies of successful people means is to keep an eye on how they had struggled in their life but they never quit their aim. Seeing their struggles will make you feel motivated.
- Take Breaks: Taking adequate breaks will refresh your mind and give you the power to work more efficiently. Just keep in mind, do not get distracted due to these breaks, they are just to refresh your mind.
- Remind Yourself: Before sleeping, think about what you are going to get after you will achieve your goals and how your life will be. This thing also gives you the power to work the next day.
Brian Tracy said, “A Clear Vision, Backed By Definite Plans, Gives You A Tremendous Feeling Of Confidence And Personal Power.”
Now, maybe you understand the importance of self-motivation in our life. You have to keep working for your goals irrespective of how many times you have encountered failure. Just take adequate breaks and keep moving towards your goals.
And, I believe you can do it.